Restore Folders from Formatted Drive
Generally, when you format a disk, the operating system erases all bookkeeping information on the disk, tests the disk to make sure all sectors are reliable, marks bad sectors (that is, those that are scratched), and creates internal address tables that it later uses to locate information. You must format a disk before you can use it.
Note that formatting a disk does not erase the data on the disk, only the address tables. Do not panic, therefore, if you accidentally format a disk that has useful data. There is still chance to restore deleted folder. Folder Recovery Software helps you to restore delete folders even after formatting or reformatting the storage medium and also perform data recovery from broken memory stick.
Some scenarios where you may lose important folders due to formatting the storage device:
Accidentally formatting removable device on a computer: Removable devices like USB drives, flash memory cards and external hard drives are more prone to corruption due to frequent plugging and unplugging. There are often times when an error message pops up asking the user as to whether he wants to format the drive. Clicking on the format option formats the entire drive leading to data loss.
Accidental formatting of flash memory card using the format option: Besides the format option available on the PC, you also have the option to format the flash memory card used in your digital camera using the built-in format option in the digital camera. Accidentally selecting this option may lead to loss of data on the memory card.
Formatting wrong drive: When you format a particular partition using the format option. However, you also have the option to format a partition from the command prompt by using the format “drive letter”:\ command. You might accidentally format the wrong partition by entering the wrong drive letter i.e. C: instead of D: leading to loss of data.
Accidentally formatted or reformatted external hard drive: The external hard drive is primarily a generic hard drive, with the only difference that it uses an USB casing or a FireWire interface to connect to a PC, which is absent in a regular hard drive. As the external hard disk also contains different partitions, there are chances that you might accidentally format or re-format the external hard drive resulting in loss of data.
System files corrupted due to virus attack: Viruses are another common reason for corruption. Viruses can affect important system files as a result of which, the hard drive fails to boot. To eradicate corruption due to virus attack, you need to format the entire affected drive. However, if you do not have proper backup of the folder stored in that drive, then you will lose them. In such case, you need an effective tool like deleted folder recovery to restore deleted folder on Mac and Windows hard drive after format. Navigate around this link http://www.undeletefolder.com/recover-deleted-on-mac.html for better understanding on Mac deleted folder recovery.
- Take regular backups of important file and folders in CD/DVD drive.
- Make proper use of externally connected drives to avoid format error.
- Try to handle important data carefully in order to avoid any case of accidental formatting.
Useful features of this software:
- Recover lost data from accidentally formatted or reformatted partitions.
- It also helps you to retrieve folders from Recycle Bin after emptying the Recycle Bin accidentally that too in few minutes.
- Recover data from accidentally formatted flash drive, external USB drive, memory card etc.
- Restore accidentally deleted folder by using commands on Windows Command prompt.
- Retrieve data from partitions that are deleted or inaccessible.
- By employing this app, you can recover deleted video folder, music folder, documents folders, etc. from any external or internal storage devices in fraction of seconds.
- Restore data from crashed or non-booting hard drives.
- Retrieve deleted folder in Windows 7 , Windows XP,Windows 20000, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 2008 in simple steps.
Few useful tips to avoid such problem:
- Do not use the combination of Shift + Delete button keys unnecessarily for deleting any file.
- Always cross check the folder or file name before you use the combination of Shift + Delete keys, even though you lost folders using Shift Delete keys then you can recover folder after shift delete.
- Have an up to date anti-virus program to remove harmful virus from computer.
Steps to recover folders from formatted drive:
Step 1: Download and install the free version of Folder Recovery Software. Select from “Recover Files”
, “Recover Photos” or “Recover Drives / Partitions”. Select third option to recover folders from formatted drive.
Step 2: Then select "Formatted/Reformatted Recovery" from the next window so that you can recover the folders lost after format.
Step 3: Then you need to select the drive which has been formatted as the logical drive. After selecting the logical drive from which you have lost particular folder click on “Next. After scanning is completed you will be able to view all the recovered data by the software.