Retrieve Accidentally Deleted Folder
Folders on your hard drive store files. These files can be documents, programs, scripts, libraries, and any other kind of computer file. Folders allow people to organize their files in a way that makes sense to them. For example, a college student might store all photos in a folder named "Pictures," all papers in a folder named "School Work," and all financial information in a folder named "Finances." All these folders might reside within a folder called "My Documents."
Suppose you did a system restore and it deleted your folder which contained your school documents, pictures, music, and videos. You don't understand why it deleted them because system restore is not supposed to touch those folders.Now stop writing to the partition the files were deleted. When a file is deleted its actual contents remain intact initially. However, in the partition's book-keeping of clusters in use by the file, these clusters are marked as free for use. The deleted file's filename is modified so the deleted file no longer appears in the directory list. There is Folder Recovery Software which helps you to recover deleted folder from devices like hard drive, pen drive, memory cards, FireWire drives etc. both on Windows and Mac operating system. Visit homepage by clicking on http://www.undeletefolder.com.
Other than above mentioned scenario, there are some other scenarios responsible for accidental folder deletion are:
- Shift Delete: Accidental deletion of the important folder using Shift + Del keys, unintentionally emptying the Recycle Bin folder or Trash Bin folder leads to folder loss scenario.
- Accidental Deletion: The folder can be accidentally deleted from any externally connected storage drive like USB drive, memory cards, FireWire drive etc. This is because; the folders deleted from flash drives do not get stored in the Recycle Bin in Windows or Trash on Mac OS. As a result the user has got no chance to restore the deleted folders from Recycle Bin or Trash. Folders from externally connected storage drives can also be lost due to improper device usage, file transfer error, virus attack or file system corruption.
- Command Prompt Deletion: Folder can permanently deleted by using RD, RMDIR command from within a command prompt. User can accidentally delete important files along with the directory from Windows operating system using these commands. Some of these commands like rm, doesn't ask confirmation before deletion which increases the chances of accidental deletion even more.
- Some other reasons such as improper shut down of the computer or instant power failure may also make us lose some important folders.
The special features of this software are as follows:
- Retrieve folders deleted from Recycle Bin when they exceed in size as compared to the Recycle Bin or after selecting "Empty Recycle Bin" option.
- It also helps you to recover folders from formatted disk after accidental format or to get rid of virus attack in few simple steps.
- Recover folders, which have been accidently deletedor deleted using shift + delete keys.
- Allows you to recover deleted folder in Win7, Vista, XP and other versions of Microsoft Windows as well as in Mac OS X at your fingertips.
- Recovered folders can be compressed in a zip archive to save disk space.
- This tool van also be used to restore folder from trash on mac.
- If you want to retrieve deleted folders from Outlook make use of Outlook folder recovery tool. For additional reading refer this page:http://www.undeletefolder.com/deleted-in-outlook.html
Precautions to be taken in order to avoid folder deletion in the future:
- First and foremost thing is to take regular backup of important folders.
- Have an up to date anti-virus program to remove harmful virus from computer.
Steps to Recover Accidentally Deleted Folder in Windows OS:
Step 1: Download and install free version of deleted folder recovery software. Select “Recover Files” from the main window.
Step 2: Select “Recover Deleted Files” option to restore deleted folder. Then select the logical drive and click on “Next”.
Step 3: Then scanning is start. Once the scanning is completed recovered data is displayed in “Data View” or “File Type View” option.